Monday, December 20, 2010

The Year in Clouds & 6-word Memoirs

I just read the New York Times "Words of the Year," which has inspired me to think about the words that personally defined this year. Also, enjoying a requisite annual screening of Love Actually with Mom and Barrick prompts me to muse. [Watching the trailer alone is joyful.]

60 blog entries in 2010---so, what happened? Where did I go? Whom did I encounter? How was I moved, surprised...changed?

I probably can't answer those questions; instead, I took all I've written here over the last year and made a cloud, with word frequency reflected by size. Lots of conjunctions and adverbs, yet I was happy to see "People" as the clear leader. Along with "friend" "Haiti" "salvador" "Leogane" "Spanish" "family" "food" "team" "home" "help" "need" "care"..."hope"


(click to enlarge)

Let's not mince words, so I'll sum it up with only six. Remember that first attempt at shared "6-word memoirs" on this blog, now two years ago? See the first and second installments. Add your own narratives by comment here, or to just me by email. Simply ponder, because it is fun. My 2010 gave these to me:

"Leaping, stumbled; better to hold hands"

1 comment: