Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ayiti Demen

Child notes:
I returned today to be immediately greeted by Ludemilla and Oneilla, two girls who live in the camp right outside our fence. They greet me many times a day. Oneilla hugs me. Ludemilla asks for my cross necklace. She's an orphan. How do I tell her I can't because was given to me by my own parents?

Their friend, a 10-ish yr old boy, holds a rubber band on which is written "Je t'aime beaucoup." Thanked him and reciprocated.

Went for another beach run. This time danced on the sand with all the kids. As always, a crowd runs with us, but one 10yo girl stayed with me for a sold 2 miles. Barefoot. We made good conversation about how her family gets water from a drum built by an NGO, but that it ran dry yesterday. She was quite insightful about the process of drinking good water, so she and her friends don't get diarrhea.

SCHOOLS are starting again in Leogane! Uniforms everywhere (I'm trying to upload a picture, unsuccessfully). Anyway, let's support Haiti's future.

2 comments:

  1. Would it be at all possible to send a cross necklace that you can give Ludemilla? Because I'd like to if I could...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I will email you with my parent's address. If you can get it there by May 5, there is someone coming down from my hometown who can carry it.

    Mèsi anpil!

    ReplyDelete